Where will you be going?
A large local private school located in South Brisbane – placement with Grade 1
People I will be in contact with?
- Primary school Principal
- Teaching Director for teaching and learning
- Classroom Teacher
- Parents and students
- Other University Pre-service Teachers
What do I need to do to get prepared?
- Smart Dress – elite school with a high reputation
- Follow protocols if unsure will ask a mentor
- Find out what computer system they use including ipad apps they use and practice at home
- Find out what resources they have available and what websites and equipment they have we can use
What resources do i need?
- My personal teachers diary, my iphone and mac laptop
- Unit plans and Calender for the weeks planned activities
- Internet access
- Teachers recommendations
Who can help me along the way?
- USQ EDC3100 Teacher
- Mentor Teachers from previous pracs
- On Site Mentor Teacher
- Early Childhood & Primary Specialisation student teachers and teachers
Who are the students that are doing something different to me?
- Students and teachers specialising in secondary teaching
- Students and teachers specialising in early childhood
- Mentor teachers with a fixed mindset
- People with different morals and beliefs
What tools will help me?
- Access to iphone to keep up to date with emails, forums, blogs and diigo messages.
- Computer and internet access including access to timetable of daily lessons and unit plans
- Face to Face interaction with mentor teachers
- Attending school meetings and information sessions
How to use tools effectively?
- Ask for school’s permission to use personal iphone and mac computer to plan lessons
- Find out if there is a lockable drawer to keep personal belongings and equipment safe during lunch breaks
- Do a practice run of using ipad, smartboard or computer software to ensure its working
How will you achieve this?
- Using tools effectively will mean planning at home and being organised before arriving to school
- Manage time wisely by making notes in evernote app and using a personal teachers diary to write down the classroom’s daily routine
- Keep up to date with changes or adjustments to the daily timetable by communicating effectively with the mentor teacher
- Print lesson plans to use and share a copy with the teacher
- Create to do lists in evernote app on iphone
- Access internet in library during lunchtimes if required
- Meet with team teachers and participate during planning sessions
Ready to go!