Click on the picture to find out more. One of our tasks this week was to select one resource from a google spreadsheet. I liked this one because it is quick and great for positive encouragement in the classroom. We addressed the following questions:
In what context might it be used?
- Teachers in some classrooms spend more than 50% of class time managing behavior rather than delivering instruction and this app will help increase teaching time so the students focus on learning and developing positive behaviours.
- Students receive instant notifications about homework and behaviour rewards in class
- Collect information for parent interviews
Why it helps student learning?
- Research suggests that if there is a shorter time between an action and feedback the greater the reinforcement. Specific praise and reinforcement helps student to develop a sense of purpose, and enhances intrinsic motivation over time.
- Encourages students to set goals and monitor their progress.
- Students can visually see their behaviour in a positive learning environment.
- Quick record of attendance
- Options to customize for class
- Behaviour tracking analytics and reports
- Can be used on whiteboard, tablets, phones, ipod
- You can add and delete points
- Student version