This weeks learning path asks us to share our ideas on how we plan to structure our unit plan for assignment 2. I have decided to work with Year 2 because I will be working in early childhood on my professional experience. I have enjoyed working with students to develop their literacy skills using computers before and feel confident with this age group. If you are planning a similar unit please make a comment below.
Learning area – English
Year Level – 2
Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1671)
- Student contribution to class discussions of familiar and less familiar topics
- Students use word and sentence formation with punctuation including capital letters, commas and full stops
- Students write in Queensland font that is legible and presented in neat paragraphs
- Classroom observations and Draft copies in student’s exercise books of three types of texts that includes a short persuasive text, an imaginative text and an informative text
- Students contribution to the creation of a class persuasive text on the smart board using story bird website
- Students create short stores on iPads using pictures that match the context
- Students create a short persuasive text and present their work in a Word Document with images to support their work
Its the beginning of a well thought out plan that will excite and engage students to learn about different styles of writing in an ICT rich learning environment.